Re: comments to references

From: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 11:51:11 +0200
Cc: WebID Incubator Group WG <public-xg-webid@w3.org>
To: Dominik Tomaszuk <ddooss@wp.pl>

On 28 Oct 2011, at 11:24, Dominik Tomaszuk wrote:

> My proposals to references in WebID spec:
> 1. section 2.1:
> "Alternate RDF serialization formats, such as N3 [N3] or Turtle [TURTLE], may be supported by the mechanism providing the WebID Profile document."
> Most N3 documents is compatible with the Turtle (Turtle is subset of N3). These simple solutions like WebID most used Turtle. I believe that there is no need to list here N3, especially when it is not a complete list of serialisations.

I agree that sadly there are not many complete N3 parsers, so we should use turtle.

> Additionally, RDF Working Group concludes that they will not standardize N3 (they focus on Turtle).
> 2. section 2.1 - the same paragraph
> I propose to add RDF serbialization based on JSON. It is more
> It is often used in web environments. I propose RDF/JSON [1]. RDF/JSON is created by RDF Working Group.

Just above you say that we should not making a list of all serialisations. Now you want one more, that is not standard. As we have only very few people whole have implemented the EARL reports for their endpoint, I also find it difficult for the moment to tell where we are standing.

http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/wiki/Test_Suite

Having so many serialisations is probably starting to look a bit silly, especially for people coming from the hard nosed security world.

Before adding json I would even prefer to add plain PEM files for that community.

Perhaps we should have a version of this protocol as an RFC which just uses the PEM file?

> 3. I suggest to change Turtle references to more actual [2]

that's a good idea