RE: Facebook moves to HTTPS

Like google earlier, the Facebook announcement is newsworthy mostly because of the engineering issues, more than anything. The equipment is there to handle the load (and has been for several years).

So, there may be a cryptographic element in our discussions. We have to project to web size, and engineer for hardware. This means really understanding SSLs design historyL how the hardware of earlier generations impacted its re-design, the pipelining, the message pump..its integration in general into a switched data center.