Re: Proposals for 1st WebID XG Face-To-Face meeting

On 18 Feb 2011, at 12:37, Michael Hausenblas wrote:

> All,
>
> I suggest the following venues to hold our first WebID XG Face-To-Face (F2F)
> meeting:
>
> + London area (can be done rather short-term, seems like easy to reach for
> most of the participants, would need to sort out who can host it for free ;)

As it happens I will be in London in end of March beginning of April.
I think sometime around April would be a good time to meet.

> + During ISWC2011 (Oct 2011, in Germany)

We should try to have a meeting before that.

> + We (DERI) would be delighted to host it (anytime, Galway/Ireland)

That's a great place to go. The biggest semweb research Center on the planet
next to some of the greatest breweries always filled with great bands.

I think we should try to have two meetings. One in Europe and one in the US,
because we are lacking presence there at present I think.

Henry

> Please feel free to also suggest venues, but keep in mind that 1. we need a
> place, 2. we should minimize travel costs, 3. there is no W3C budget for
> meetings.
>
> Tracker, this is my ACTION-11 - Henry, can be closed at next meeting (I will
> not be around, sent regrets already).

If we can arrange a meeting by then, sure :-)