Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 11:27:55 +0100
From: ltorokjr@gmail.com
To: jeff@sayremedia.com
CC: henry.story@bblfish.net; scorlosquet@gmail.com; nathan@webr3.org; melvincarvalho@gmail.com; public-xg-webid@w3.org
Subject: Re: Question: User Story -- Bootstrapping Facebook

2011/2/10 <jeff@sayremedia.com>

Another thought:

As the social networking space is just one of many special use cases for
WebID, our conversations should focus on WebID as an authenticating

Very much so, e-Commerce could be another huge field with numerous applications. I think demoing in this field could get quite a few big players with $$$ on board.

Regards,

Laszlo

protocol, whether that is for single-sign on, for identifying and
verifying the owner of a given resource, or for establishing a Web of
Trust for a given user. How this is accomplished with WebID is what
matters. How or even if a given existing social network implements WebID
is a different issue.

Jeff

http://jeffsayre.com/