Re: Question: User Story -- Bootstrapping Facebook

On 10 February 2011 18:01,  <jeff@sayremedia.com> wrote:
> Another thought:
>
> As the social networking space is just one of many special use cases for
> WebID, our conversations should focus on WebID as an authenticating
> protocol, whether that is for single-sign on, for identifying and
> verifying the owner of a given resource, or for establishing a Web of
> Trust for a given user. How this is accomplished with WebID is what
> matters. How or even if a given existing social network implements WebID
> is a different issue.

Jeff / Henry thanks for the feedback.

Not attempting to advise FB in any way, simply looking at two open eco
systems (I do believe FB to be an open platform) and trying to
establish the overlap.  I wish to see how much I can get working
TODAY.  What we can all do tomorrow is another story.

I'm very happy with this productive input to my question, thanks all.

This is probably something I'll look into in much more detail and I'm
happy to share my findings.

I'll start subsequent facebook specific threads in the foaf protocol
list, probably with some working demos to illustrate the point.  We
can pull that work back in, if it's deemed appropriate.