Re: Important Question re. WebID Verifiers & Linked Data

On 12/22/11 11:16 AM, Henry Story wrote:
> On 22 Dec 2011, at 17:05, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

>>> Well please help us with the objective research.
>>> We have some info here:
>>>
>>>   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/wiki/WebID_by_examples
>>>
>>> And I want to know how to map this to rdf. It looks like this is being specced,
>>> so perhaps we should wait for that to be finished. See
>>>
>>>    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/issues/66
>> Why are you stalling?
> It is not my understanding that is stalling, though you seem to imply it is.
>
> This is a spec we are putting together now. So we have to be more formal about things.
> My question is where is the mapping from micro formats to RDF?

And I am saying to you, repeatedly: RDF == EAV + URIs + semantics for
typed literals and language tags + 118n.

You can express and serialize an eav/spo graph today using HTML +
Microdata.

What is GoodRelations about?
>   Where is it specced out?
> As I understand it specs always work by referring to existing established specs, not
> by referring to future ones.
>
> This spec seems to be in development
>    https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/htmldata/raw-file/62761f79513a/microdata-rdf/index.html
>
> it is not finished I think. Next do we all have tools to implement this?
>

>> Please do some homework re. Microdata. Start with a simple Google lookup.
> Please stop being so patronising.

You are forcing me to be *deliberately* patronizing. I don't understand
why you are forcing inertia where it doesn't need to exist. Why
introduce unnecessary politics into an effort that should be
transcendent, by simply inheriting from the AWWW.

Links:

1.
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-forum/2011-12/threads.html#00005
-- some insights about my concerns from a discussion thread about what's
going on re. Microdata, RDF/XML history etc..

Kingsley

> Henry

>> Kingsley
>>> Henry