Re: Important Question re. WebID Verifiers & Linked Data

On 22 Dec 2011, at 17:05, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

>>> Microdata has been worked through also. Google has also ensured mass adoption. Please do some objective research re. Microdata and its adoption etc..
>> Well please help us with the objective research.
>> We have some info here:
>>
>>  http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/wiki/WebID_by_examples
>>
>> And I want to know how to map this to rdf. It looks like this is being specced,
>> so perhaps we should wait for that to be finished. See
>>
>>   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/issues/66
>
> Why are you stalling?

It is not my understanding that is stalling, though you seem to imply it is.

This is a spec we are putting together now. So we have to be more formal about things.
My question is where is the mapping from micro formats to RDF? Where is it specced out?
As I understand it specs always work by referring to existing established specs, not
by referring to future ones.

This spec seems to be in development
  https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/htmldata/raw-file/62761f79513a/microdata-rdf/index.html

it is not finished I think. Next do we all have tools to implement this?

> Please do some homework re. Microdata. Start with a simple Google lookup.

Please stop being so patronising.