Re: WebID+OpenID Proxy Service

On 12/22/11 9:22 AM, Peter Williams wrote:
> I went through another enrollment at the cert genrator, this time
> using twitter. I cannot use the resulting .p12 file to logon to FCNS.
> There doesnt seem to be anying for FCNS validation ping to consult, at
> the twitter page (data store).

It has the issue raised yesterday re. URIs and redirection. Our proxy
URIs are slash based, so we do a 303 re. Name / Address disambiguation.

You can try Henry's verifier as he has now fixed the bug. I haven't had
time to revisit his verification service yet.

> Essentially, there is JUST TOO MUCH being used; too many potential
> failures of multiple interworking points. The OAUTH eventually worked
> (with Twitter). The facebook data space mostly worked. The IE .p12
> stuff seems to work very nicely. The email ping back worked, but could
> not repeat the trial (need to learn to use IE javascript to do logout,
> so you can rechallenge the cert picker).
>
> Need to start smaller, when doing multi-vendor interworking. First,
> the generated .p12 given a NO login (to the cert picker app) needs to
> talk to FCNS, where the webid in the cert SAN JUST shows a foaf card
> when used in a browser. No twitter, no facebook, not nothing. Just
> simple files, and logon, and no third party vendor interaction.

Yes, this is a first pass with HTML pages in front of a sophisticated
authentication engine. The hard part is making the engine. Next stop is
the UI/UX. As you can imagine, we have to compartmentalize our work . As
I write, the engine is being passed on to a team that focuses solely on
UI/UX.

> Having played with blogging platforms (and RDFa), Im going to go back
> to hosting a foaf profile in azure blob storage. lets see how well
> folks do with a journaled cloud data service, if FCNS can ping it now,
> etc.
At this juncture there are two issues:

1. multiple URIs in SAN -- fixed
2. niggling openid v 2.0 issues -- still WIP.

Founder&  CEO