Re: [foaf-protocols] Redirects continued -- was: Problem with certificate on home-grown WebID

On 12/21/11 12:12 PM, Henry Story wrote:

> On 21 Dec 2011, at 18:05, Peter Williams wrote:
>
>> Our colleague from the BBC already made the case for redirects.
>>
>> The case is just normal, in larger websites. The content producer and
>> the content manager are different parties, in the publishing world.
>> Content manager get to reorganize links, as they control when and if
>> content gets un/published, and where it gets re-published.
>>
>> The question is, what does the spec say about the security threats,
>> and what are the counter measures?
>
> Well since you have been in the security space for so long, can you
> come up with some security
> threat scenarios? Start with simple ones, that we can answer, and lets
> see if we can build
> more complex ones that are problematic.
Henry,

If you don't know of any threats that are unique to WebID re. HTTP why
are you using it as a weak excuse for veering WebID away from AWWW? This
spec cannot be kind of compliant with AWWW . It either conforms or it
doesn't. No ambiguity allowed.

Kingsley