Re: Uncertainty Ontology

Dear all,

may I suggest another solution for our collaborative effort?
In DERI Galway we have developed a portal for collaborative ontology
development, based on suggestions, annotations and ranking of
suggestions.
It might not be the best one in town, and we are testing it at the
moment to release version 1.0 next week - but it is 100% web based,
and it in my opinion would be better place to work on the ontology
than wiki (in fact on the conceptual level it should behave like a
wiki - with versioning etc).

Please,  take a look at http://portal.marcont.org/.

We can set the group up with separate credentials for each member,
and if required, a separate server to keep the ontology private (the
DRM is still on the way).

Let me know your opinion,

Best,

Sebastian

On 16 Jun 2007, at 08:17, <gstoil@image.ece.ntua.gr>
<gstoil@image.ece.ntua.gr> wrote:

>>> add

>>> I do not agree with this. Imagine 7+ people discussing about the
>>> same
>>> thing,
>>> replying or commenting to the argument of other people etc,
>>> replying on
>>> replies and all these say for a weak. This would be a nightmare
>>> to have
>>> and
>>> manage on the wiki. It could easily create something that after
>>> some time
>>> is
>>> unreadable. An archived (and threaded) mailing list is the way
>>> things are
>>> going on, on every W3C activity so far some of which are far
>>> larger than
>>> this one (20+ people).
>>
>> [VK] I did not mean to imply this...
>>
>>> On the other hand we can put summaries of our discussion or concrete
>>> results
>>> on the wiki.
>>
>> [VK] What I was suggesting was exactly this... That we could
>> summarize our
>> objections in a few lines with associated examples instead of lengthy
>> discussions.
>>
>> ---Vipul
>
> If you suggest to have discussions over mail and then summarize our
> points on
> the wiki it is fine by me.
> But if you suggest only to summarize on the wikis then I still see
> a problem.
> Take for example the current wiki page on the uncertainty ontology. It
> contains (only) 4 items. But, it is not very easy to track who
> inserted these
> items. To which item, item number X replies? Currently only 2
> people have
> entered their points and we have 4 items. Imagine 10. And imagine
> these 10 to
> reply to points of other persons.
>
> Anyway, I have made my point and I will stop bothering the list
> further.
>
> Greetings,
> -gstoil
>

>> The information transmitted in this electronic communication is
>> intended
> only for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain
> confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
> dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance
> upon this
> information by persons or entities other than the intended
> recipient is
> prohibited. If you received this information in error, please
> contact the
> Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and properly dispose of this
> information.
>>

> --

--   Sebastian Ryszard Kruk
--   Lead Researcher, Project Manager
--   Semantic Infrastructure Lab, eLearning Cluster
--   Digital Enterprise Research Institute
--   National University of Ireland, Galway
--   mailto: sebastian.kruk@deri.org
--   GG: 335067, Jabber: s_kruk@chrome.pl
--   Skype: sebastiankruk
--   WWW: http://www.sebastiankruk.com/