Re: Death and Berevement

Hey there

Le 27 juil. 09 à 12:20, Harry Halpin a écrit :

> On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 10:48 AM, Alex Korth<alex@ttbc.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This issue is feature that an ID provider, who is dedicated to take
>> care of
>> your stuff and who has access to it, is the right entity to provide.
>> In general and as said, users need reach control over their
>> content. If a
>> service is given access to content that is hosted by the user's
>> IDP, this
>> access must be revokeable if the user changes his mind. It's a life
>> cycle of
>> access that ends somewhen. To me it is straight forward for the IDP
>> to ask
>> the user what should happen to his content when he dies. Who cares
>> if an
>> account is not deleted? It's the party pics that must go offline!
>> There is another aspect at the end of content's lifecycle that's
>> strongly
>> related to the issue of a user passing away: forgetting. Our brains
>> have a
>> feature to forget outdated stuff to free memory.
>
> Sounds like a rather depressing, but useful, use-case. For example,
> one might want their content to become a sort of electronic memorial
> for oneself, which does mean embarassing party pics must go, but
> family members might want to add new photos, use the "wall" to share
> memories, and the like. Anyone want to write this up?

I'm interested in the subject but wouldn't even know where to start.
This is such a heavily cultural, ethnical & personal issue, I'm not
sure we'd be able to categorize alternate paths or catalog enough of
them to cover the issue satisfactorily.

Are we looking for just a couple of user stories or a detailed look at
current & possible solutions around the eventuality?

Cheers,
Tim