Re: Facebook usage statistics by population - Iceland now has highest Facebook penetration

From: Kaliya <kaliya@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 14:00:15 -0700
Cc: public-xg-socialweb@w3.org
To: Rob H Warren <warren@gorgon.cs.uwaterloo.ca>

On Jul 3, 2009, at 8:17 AM, Rob H Warren wrote:

> Don't these numbers look high to you? I'm very suspicious of 33% of
> Canadians having a facebook account.

I am not.
I believe this to be true. Facebook totally took off in Canada and
went "mainstream" in a way it didn't in the US.

I live in the US now but grew up in Canada.
I knew "something" really different was happening there when my best
friend from grade 4 and a fellow 'odd kid' from kindergarten found me
on Facebook.

-Kaliya