Re: YouTube video?

On 19 January 2011 21:20, Thomas Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 02:57:28PM -0500, Thomas Baker wrote:
>> Maybe the bottom of the screen could continually show a narrow
>> window of triples scrolling up and down, sometimes faster,
>> sometimes slower, pausing to highlight a subject here, finding
>> a matching object there. When a match is found, then, show the
>> match above the triples window by zooming out on the current
>> photo or book, placing it to the left, placing the object
>> on the right, adding a predicate between the two to describe
>> the connection.  Once this has been narrated, zoom in on the
>> object resource so that it takes up the whole screen while
>> triples resume scrolling in the window below in the search
>> for the next random or instructive connection.
>
> Hmm, maybe Subject, Predicate, and Object could
> spin, and stop, like the reels of a slot machine.
> While they're spinning, they scroll through thousands
> of triples in a blur; when they stop, they lock in
> on one or more triples.  Instead of cherries and lemons,
> the reels could show thumbnail images, or the center
> reel could show a predicate.

:) I've been throwing around ideas for a FOAFish animation (using
Blender 3d toolkit) based on http://www.w3.org/Talks/WWW94Tim/ - style
visuals. One associated idea was similar to your discussion above,
vaguely inspired by the compass in
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Lights_(novel) ...

So imagine a compass/clock-like device, with three hands. The clock
would move and stop and (just in the slot machine image here) they
would settle and point to regions on the outside.

The shortest arm on the clock would be for predicate; the medium would
be 'subject' and longest 'object'. It could either work with three
circles for values, or one large outer circle, with subsetted areas...

Point being that if you arrange all identifiable things in a giant
circle you can communicate by pointing at 3 places. Perhaps not the
most practical form of communication, mind!

cheers,

Dan

Offtopic discussion always welcome on foaf-dev@lists.foaf-project.org :)