Re: Meeting minutes: 2010-08-18

Ross, Emmanuelle and others

This is still not correct.

FRBR is not deprecated in favour of a consolidated model. I said (or intended to
say that) it is likely to be deprecated when (and if) a consolidated model is
developed and authorised. (Work on the consolidated model has commenced, and is
expected to take at least a year.) The FRBR Review Group will publish an
authorised RDF representation of FRBR within a month, and clearly it will not be
deprecated as soon as it is published.

The IFLA Namespaces Working Group is being developed, but may take some time to
set up as it is dependent on the development of a "core activity" for
coordinating and promoting IFLA bibliographic standards. The Working Group will
advise and assist IFLA in the development and maintenance of a technical
infrstructure to support standards maintenance, coordination and promotion.
Bodies responsible for the development and maintenance of specific standards
will continue to do so; these include the FRBR Review Group and the ISBD Review
Group. The Namespaces Working Group will advise the work on specific standards,
and is likely to have a role in developing mappings, interoperability, etc.
between different standards. I therefore sits at a higher level than the
individual standards groups.

More formal informaton about these developments will appear on the IFLA website
as minutes and other documentation are created and approved. I hope to provide
further information for the forthcoming RDA/FRBR agenda item.

The note about ISBD is correct.

I'll check the full draft minutes and get back to you if anything else requires
correction.

Cheers

Gordon