Re: State of Federation CI environments?

From: Daniel Harris <daniel@kendra.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 06:34:18 +0100
To: public-xg-federatedsocialweb <public-xg-federatedsocialweb@w3.org>
On 17 May 2011, at 13:18, elf Pavlik wrote:
> Last days I enjoy company of hackers developing Lorea and its elgg based implementation. Last days we were looking on automation for testing federated features. I proposed using selenium and making image or virtual machine with everything preconfigured. I have just found this piece of software: http://vagrantup.com/ and I started thinking about possibility of setting up servers hosting multiple virtual machines with environments of various platforms. Than using something like selenium: http://seleniumhq.org/ to run tests of cross platform interactions.
>
> Who feels interested? BTW how many people here do hands on codding of open source platforms and have familiarity with subjects like continuous integration etc. ?

This sounds very interesting. We have a continuous integration development environment using Hudson/Jenkins for developing our Drupal based trials. We use KVM. We will shortly be using Selenium for testing too. For a bit more info see:

http://london2011.drupal.org/conference/sessions/bolting-together-scalable-solutions-loosely-coupled-monster-systems

And vote for us! ;-)

Cheers Daniel