Re: Topic to add to agenda for next call

From: Erik Bruchez <erik@bruchez.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 16:50:34 -0800
To: "public-xformsusers@w3.org" <public-xformsusers@w3.org>, Forms WG <public-forms@w3.org>
All,

The clarifications I need are whether Steven is going to make the
changes to the spec to add the new namespace for XForms functions and
whether my understanding is correct. From:

    http://www.w3.org/2015/10/14-forms-minutes.html

Steven had:

    ACTION-2036 - Repy to email on namespaces in xforms 2.0

which he did do:

    https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xformsusers/2015Oct/0013.html

But we also need to make the changes to the spec. I took note that tentatively:

- `http://www.w3.org/2002/xforms-functions`
    - contains all XForms-defined functions + standard XPath functions
    - is the default namespace for XPath functions
    - standard XForms functions always "win" over older XForms
functions with same name
- `http://www.w3.org/2002/xforms`
    - only contains XForms-defined functions and NOT standard XPath functions
    - using the `xf:` prefix allows reaching for older XPath functions

Further, in backwards-compatibility mode, we could change the logic so
that in the `http://www.w3.org/2002/xforms-functions` namespace, the
old XForms 1.1 functions win over the newer XPath 2 functions.

To confirm/discuss.

-Erik