From: public-wsc-wg-request@w3.org [mailto:public-wsc-wg-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of michael.mccormick@wellsfargo.com
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2008 3:57 PM
To: public-wsc-wg@w3.org
Subject: Larry Seltzer on the Green Bar (IE versus Opera)

 <http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Security/Wheres-My-Green-Bar/>
http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Security/Wheres-My-Green-Bar/

In his eWeek column, while generally praising EV, Larry brings up a valid
point in comparing IE to Opera; one turns the address bar green if the top
level doc has a valid EV cert, the other only turns green if ALL elements of
the page have it.  He goes on to list a number of well known www sites that
turn IE green but not Opera.

Have we adequately addressed this question in wsc-xit?  Ideally all user
agents would behave the same way when presenting AA cert indicators.

Michael McCormick, CISSP
Lead Security Architect, Information Security Technologies
Wells Fargo Bank
"THESE OPINIONS ARE STRICTLY MY OWN AND NOT NECESSARILY THOSE OF WELLS
FARGO"
This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  If you
are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you
must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or
any information herein.  If you have received this message in error, please
advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message.
Thank you for your cooperation.