Re: "reputation"? Re: Some major edits just checked in.

Ian is likely referring to the Firefox 2 behaviour on phishing sites.
Visiting:

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/its-a-trap.html

On FF3 will get you a similar looking warning to the malware warning
you pasted, but visiting it on FF2 will get you our old dim-the-page,
speech-bubble approach.

On 2-Apr-08, at 5:31 AM, Thomas Roessler wrote:
> On 2008-03-28 12:35:44 -0700, Ian Fette wrote:
>
>> Hmm.... question on what this implies. "6.4 Danger" says the user
>> can't view the page. Does something like Firefox where the page
>> is dimmed, and the user can't interact with the page, but they
>> can still see what the page looks like, does that count as
>> viewing the page?
>
> Is there a test page where one could see the behavior in action?
> What precisely triggers it?
>
> The behavior I'm familiar with is the one triggered by this page:
>
>  http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/its-an-attack.html
>
> (Screen shot attached.)
>
> Speaking from the intent of the current text (which might need
> further clarification), I understand Danger behavior to be safe for
> drive-by malware sites, i.e., the browser must not download or
> execute anything. Maybe that actually needs to be said in the text.
>
> --
> Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>
> <firefox-malware.png>

---