Re: Safe bar: really "full-screen rendering"?

On 2007-10-11 19:30:39 -0000, Close, Tyler J. wrote:

> I mean the rendering style used in IE7, and in Serge's studies,
> where the message takes up the whole window. I think this has
> been called "full-screen", but maybe a term like "full-page" or
> "full-window" would be more descriptive. I think we should use
> whatever term is the term of art for this messaging style. Maybe
> Serge could play terminology wonk on this one.

I'll put in this language, provisionally:

  For user agents with a visual user interface, all user interfaces
  exposed for these interactions SHOULD visually replace the Web
  content currently displayed to the user.

Please consider this as a strawman that we can refine along with
similar language in 5.4.1.

("full-screen" is far too easily misread as a far more onerous
requirement.  However, I'll note that it is in fact the interaction
mode for things like Cardspace.)

Regards,