Re: Draft text for section 9.3 of Note - Implementation and Testing - ACTION-121

On 2007-02-07 10:52:59 -0500, Mary Ellen Zurko wrote:

> Sample code to demonstrate and test the WG's recommendations on
> display of security context information will be implemented in
> one or more web user agents, as extensions to them The most
> likely web user agents we will use as implementation platforms
> are web browsers. The sample code will be made available
> publiclly as part of the WG's deliverables.

I think it's worth being clear about what is a formal deliverable
and what isn't.  The formal deliverables are listed in our charter;
they are all "technical reports", as the Process Document calls them
-- rec-track documents and a note. The process requirements for
entering Proposed Recommendation create a need for us to work on
tests and reports of implementation experience for the rec-track
documents that we work on.

It's up to us as a group to decide to what extent we want to
additionally engage in developing sample code that is distributed as
part of our deliverables.  So, while I would personally be delighted
to show off open source sample code really soon, this is a decision
that we, as a group, get to make.