Re: New Use Case for W3C WSC

Yes, there well may be an issue with users invoking SBM before
clicking a link in their email.  That's why I proposed that one
alternative might be to remove that issue by making the user's
computer (email client? browser?) "smart" enough to sense that when
an email might potentially be from a bank, the browser could prompt
the user and ask if SBM should be invoked.  So I am assuming some
sort of "intelligent" link between the email client and the browser,
with the email client triggering the browser to invoke a procedure
for prompting the user to invoke SBM based on some keywords or
phrases in the email header.  But is that so wrong?   It may not
exist today - all I am suggesting is that it might be one avenue to
consider (and not necessarily by this group) as a way to prevent
users from visiting fraudulent banking sites by clicking on email
links if they haven't first invoked SBM.   But this is getting of the
beaten track, I guess......