RE: What's an Attribute Declaration component?

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek.kopecky@deri.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 13:15:14 +0100
To: Jonathan Marsh <jonathan@wso2.com>
Cc: public-ws-semann@w3.org

Jonathan,

I've taken a look at the WSDL CM files in the WSDL 2.0 test suite [1]
and it looks good, even though I've already noticed an issue that we
(SAWSDL) will have to clarify (CR issue 6 [2]), about the propagation of
some of our annotations.

Additionally, I'm not sure whether the empty
<sawsdlcm:sawsdlXXXExtension/> elements must really be everywhere when a
SAWSDL annotation is only on one (or very few) elements in the WSDL.

In fact, I'd probably drop all these elements and put
sawsdlcm:modelReference, sawsdlcm:liftingSchemaMapping and
sawsdlcm:loweringSchemaMapping directly on the WSDL components.

I see that also other extensions (safety, bindings) have their wrappers,
e.g. httpcm:httpBindingOperationExtension,
ext:wsdlInterfaceOperationExtension. Are these wrappers really
necessary? Do they have to be context-specific, i.e.
httpBindingOperationExtension and httpBindingExtension? The context is
present in the CM format's hierarchy, after all.

I admit this is my first serious look at the CM format, and I don't know
the background for why it looks like it does.

Best regards,
Jacek

[1] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/test-suite/results/Baseline/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/issues/CR-20070126#x6