Re: [issue 6432] - a modest proposal

There seems like there is a big-systems use of notification as well as
a small-device market for the same protocol.
The difference seems to be the extent to which negotiation protocols
and additional features might be available.
It sounds like finding a way like this to make both ways possible
might be what is needed.
-bob