Re: Issue 6413 - just thinking

On Wed, 6 May 2009, ashok malhotra wrote:

> Yves:
> Just wondering.  Are you thinking of the fragment spec as similar to the
> frag-id in URI's?
Yes and no.
Yes as they exist to address a fragment of a resource, no as they are not
as generic. In the WS case, we already know the data format and partly its
structure, leading to an a-priori knowledge of how to process those
fragments.

> That is quite different.  I don't think the fragment spec we are
> thinking of will be reusable in other specs.  If people disagree, I
> would like to see an example of where and how the fragment spec from
> from WS-RA would be reused.

Well, I heard on the call yesterday that some other groups were trying to
produce their own fragment spec. This would be the right time and place to
gather all those requirements and produce something usable by more than
one group/one spec.
Cheers,

         ~~Yves