RE: Issue 6413: WS-Transfer with Extensible Fragment Support

Ah, I see the distinction.  WSMan is a good use-case only when _you_ use
it.  gotcha.  :-)

thanks
-Doug
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com

Asir Vedamuthu <asirveda@microsoft.com>
Sent by: public-ws-resource-access-request@w3.org
03/31/2009 03:28 PM

Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
cc
David Snelling <David.Snelling@uk.fujitsu.com>, Katy Warr
<katy_warr@uk.ibm.com>, "public-ws-resource-access@w3.org"
<public-ws-resource-access@w3.org>
Subject
RE: Issue 6413: WS-Transfer with Extensible Fragment Support

There is a very important distinction here. The WS-Management
specification provides a management-specific protocol. The WS-RA
deliverables are targeted for general-purpose.

The important points are (quoting from our previous post) ?

1)  ?Fix any inconsistencies, overlap and duplication between Transfer and
Resource Transfer
2)  Do not endanger the sweet spot. That is, continue to maintain simple
(Transfer) and advanced features (Resource Transfer) as separate
specifications
3)  Do it right. Continue to explore and or invent partial CRUD operations
that compose well with Transfer using SOAP Header Blocks. Address
architectural concerns. To encourage wider uptake (and show the value
added by these features) of these advanced features, the WG should do it
right!?

Regards,

Asir S Vedamuthu
Microsoft Corporation