RE: NEW Issue: How to ignore some "ignorable" assertions only?

>does not allow for ignoring only  a subset
>of the assertions marked "Ignorable"

In your case, the requestor is aware of a set of assertions that it is willing to ignore. For instance, let's say the requestor's policy alternative contains assertions A & B and the set of assertions that the requestor is willing to ignore contains C & D. That is,

A1 = {A, B, C, D}.

Let's say provider P's policy is,

A2 = {A, B, C-ignorable, D-ignorable}

and provider Q's policy is,

A3 = {A, B, C-ignorable, D-ignorable, X-ignorable}

Using the strict mode policy intersection, A1 & A2 are compatible and A1 & A3 are incompatible. That is, the requestor can ignore a subset of the ignorable assertions. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Asir S Vedamuthu
Microsoft Corporation