From: public-ws-policy-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-ws-policy-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Felix Sasaki
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 7:22 AM
To: Felix Sasaki
Cc: public-ws-policy@w3.org
Subject: Re: NEW ISSUE: Change Reference from RFC 3986 to RFC 3987
[UPDATED]

My first mail about this issue was not appropriate, since I did not use
the ISSUES template and did not gave further information about my
request. Thanks to Paul for pointing that out offline.

Below is a modified version of the issue.

Title - Usage of Internationalized Resource Identifiers for W3C
WS-Policy

Description -

The proposal is to refer in WS-Policy Framework [1] and WS-Policy
Attachment [2] to Internationalized Resource Identifiers (IRIs, RFC 3987
[3]) instead of Uniform Resource Identifier (URIs, RFC 3986 [4]).

Justification -

Currently, WS-Policy Framework and WS-Policy Attachment refer to URIs as
defined by RFC 3986. To accomplish a world-wide adoption of these
specifications, IRIs as defined by RFC 3987 should be used instead. IRIs
allow the non-escaped use of non-ASCII characters in resource
identifiers.

Since the creation of RFC 3987, W3C has supported this standard [5]. It
has been adopted in a wide range of W3C technologies, including XQuery
1.0 [6]. WSDL 2.0 [7], an important target of WS-Policy, also refers to
RFC 3987.

Target -

WS-Policy Framework and WS-Policy Attachment both need to be
changed.

Proposal -

Change reference to RFC 3986 to RFC 3987 in [3] and [4].

[1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/ws-policy-framework.h
tml
[2]