Re: [Guidelines] Proposed update to section 4.5 (now 5.5), Design ating Optional Behaviors

[limited to editors list]

comments inline
regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia

On Apr 17, 2007, at 5:07 PM, ext Prasad Yendluri wrote:

> Hi Frederick,
>

> Couple of quick comments.
>

> 1. Good practice (b) and (d) seem to have the same good practice
> description.
>
> That is lines 28-29 and 62-63 are identical (ref: .pdf w/o diff).

good point, I was going through the existing text and missed this

> 2. Some of these best practices could be applicable on a broader
> scope rather than just
>
> "optional assertions". For example, the following best practice w/o
> optional could be
>
> applicable to WSDL attachment (described in the section that
> follows this one).
>

> "Assertion Authors should associate optional assertions with the
> appropriate endpoint,
>
> and right granularity to limit the degree to which optionality
> applies."

I think the original intent was that even more care is required for
optional assertions, but ok with generalizing.