RE: simple case of IRIs for Components in WSDL 2.0

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 11:49 -0700, Jonathan Marsh wrote:
> Would you be satisfied with adding a note along the lines of the
> following:
>
> "Note that the component designators given below are only one form of
> identifier for WSDL components.  Other forms can be used.  For instance,
> using targetNamespace#name is sufficient when out-of-band mechanisms can
> be relied on to ensure no names are the same (across all symbol spaces)
> within a WSDL component model.  Such a mechanism cannot be relied for
> general purpose use as is the one defined below."

Yes, that's pretty much what I have in mind.

That's not completely clear that targetNamespace#name has the
same normative status as the other format, but I'm not inspired
with better words.

Do you have plans to do tests for component designators? I'd
be satisfied to see targetNamespace#name right next to the
others in a test suite.

> Trying to cast this as a concrete initial proposal the WG could
> deliberate...

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E