Re: Multi-Party Binding Scenario

I can't really see splitting out all the Xpath expressions into a
separate binding - if I define a flow that's intended for order
processing, then I probably care what the format of an order is, and IMO
it is ok for me to rely on that format even in the "external" view of
the choreography.

I guess one case where you'd want to do something like this would be a
system that wanted to be able to say something like "I take purchase
orders, and you can use ebXML format or SOAP format". So you could use
the same flow with multiple data formats. I think this is a possible use
case but IMO it is a bit unusual.

OTOH, Assaf's point is interesting - if you do have expressions based on
message contents, they shouldn't really operate on "raw" message data,
but data that has been normalized -- otherwise you tie your choreography
definition too closely a particular protocol. This might make sense, but
there are limits to this approach. E.g. what about EDI? Or even SOAP
with Attachments? If you want to able to handle truly arbitrary message
content, then you can't rely on XML, or XPath.

(I don't have an answer to this. I think assuming XML data is fine in a
lot of cases. If it's not fine then you might have to define a "black
box" for content-based routing, so that the external process knows you
might take one or another path, but the logic isn't specified publicly.
I think there was some discussion of this kind of model at the F2F).

-Jon