Grounding Choreographies (the atoms) - WAS Simple Choreography composition suggestion

   At the considerable risk of adding further confusion to the
discussion I would like to attempt to clarify what I said on the call
with respect to the grounding of a choroegraphy.

   Here is how I see it:

   A "web service" choreography, as distinct from any other
choreography, is grounded to a minimum of two web services instances.
This may mean that the web services are the same web services but
different instance or it may mean that they are distinct (personally I
have a hard time seeing what they would be anything other than the
latter) such that I can observe a communication between them.

   A communication is a minimum of a single message sent from one web
service to another web service.

   It may be the case that in receiving or indeed sending a message the
sending web service and/or the receiving web service can be externally
observed to change their behaviour.

   A "web service" choreography, as distinct from any other
choreography, is based on externally observable behaviour where this
behaviour is defined in terms of communications between web services
and externally observed behavioral changes of a web service.

   For the avoidance of doubt, a Message Exchange Pattern (MEP) or any
mechanism that describes communication between two parties can be said
to be a choreography. But it cannot be said to be a "web service"
choreography.

Cheers

Steve T