Re: Why workflow is NOT just a Pi-process

From: JC Reddy <jcreddy@bpmlabs.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 06:57:24 -0800
To: <public-ws-chor@w3.org>

>I can confirm this. The Intalio implementation of BPML/BPEL is quite
stunning in this respect.
> In fact, in many project models I have seen at CSC, many of the swimlanes
are users or imaginary
> white space processes. Change mgt processes are a great example.

Yes, you can do it, i.e., model users as processes. However, the "user"
notion is not explcit, and hence applications  will need to build the
semantics (in creating worklists, mapping to access control systems, and
such). Different vendors may support this in their own ways, but it is not
in the model.

JC Reddy