Re: Why workflow is NOT just a Pi-process

From: Howard N Smith <howard.smith@ontology.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 12:26:12 +0000
To: public-ws-chor@w3.org

AA said in response to JJ:

>Since we don't experience any difficulties representing users or allowing the human element to be introduced,
>and actually take pride in our human interface capabilities, I would say that we present solid evidence that this
>statement is not entirely accurate.

I can confirm this. The Intalio implementation of BPML/BPEL is quite stunning in this respect. In fact, in many
project models I have seen at CSC, many of the swimlanes are users or imaginary white space processes.
Change mgt processes are a great example.

>I know this statement will be seen to be biased, given that CSC is using Intalio software, but I am making the
>point to stress that different vendors will implement BPML/BPEL in different ways, yet, by keeping to foundations
>they product can project and extend and unify different processes in existing technologies.

---

New Book - Business Process Management: The Third Wave
www.bpm3.com

Howard Smith/CSC/BPMI.org
cell +44 7711 594 494 (operates worldwide, dial UK)
office +44 20 8660 1963