Re: Action item for cr23: cr15 resolution nullified cr4 resolution: UPDATED proposed text

Katy Warr wrote:

> All,
>
> Based on the on-going discussions on the mailing list, I'd like to
> replace the proposed text for action item cr23 with the following.
> This improves the text by specifying anonymous URI behaviour in terms of
> the 'context' in which it is used but retains the same intent as the
> original proposal.  This updated text is also applicable to the editors'
> draft - hence incorporates 5.1.1 and 5.1.2.
>
> Thanks to David Hull and Chris Ferris for this.
>
>  > 5.1 Use of Anonymous Address in SOAP
>  > The _"http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/addressing/anonymous"_ URI MAY be
>  > specified as the [address] of an EPR to designate that the target
>  > endpoint is reached by a means provided by the underlying SOAP
>  > protocol binding.  The exact destination to which the "_http://www_
> <http://www/>.
>  > w3.org/@@@@/@@/addressing/anonymous" URI refers is determined
>  > relative to a given context.  This context will depend on the
>  > semantics of the EPR in question.
>  >

I don't see why we should have context-sensitive semantics.
I would instead prefer to state what we mean by anon in the context that
we care about: replyTo/faultTo and leave it at that. It is after all a
URI that we are minting for our purpose.

Other specs may or may not use the anon uri to mean something else,
there is not much we can do about it. I would prefer that WSRX TC use a
different URI (since they mean something completely different than what
we mean -- and URI minting is cheap), but that's for that TC to decide.

To that end, eventhough I raised this issue (as I was surprised that the
resolution of CR4 was overturned), I would like to propose that we close
this issue with no action.

-Anish