Re: Was resolution of CR4 nullified by resolution of CR15?

Anish Karmarkar wrote:

> > (Editorial nit: Could we say "this binding assigns ... for the
> > [destination]." instead of "this specification assigns ... for the
> > [destination] in this binding."?)
>
> Sure.
>
> CR4 was about having the ability for AcksTo (in WSRX) to reuse the
> 'anon' address without having to define new things. Previous
> definition of 'anon' was scoped only to ReplyTo and FaultTo. CR4
> resolved this by saying any EPRType with 'anon' address mean the same
> thing. I don't think your wordings captures that. If I missed it,
> apologies (can you point me to it). Your new text talks about response
> endpoints. I would not call AcksTo a response endpoint.

Two separate issues:

    * The editorial nit was just that the wording seemed verbose.
    * The proposed fix to reconcile CR4 and CR15 was to define
      "underlying response message" that could be used multiple places.

As I understand it, supporting AcksTo requires talking about the
underlying response message.  Giving that message a name and a specific
meaning supports this.  E.g., "anon AcksTo means to use the underlying
response message for acks."  I'm less comfortable with asserting that
anon always means the same thing.  Right now we only define it in one
place, but this may not always be the case.  For example, I believe
Jonathan just mentioned the idea of using anon in the case of a TCP
connection that stays open for multiple requests.

Maybe this will get defined in some note or spec some day and maybe it
won't, but we can't rule it out.  In such a case, anon [destination]
means one thing and anon [reply-to] means another.  Saying that anon
always means the same thing invites confusion and/or disallows
reasonable expansions.  To avoid confusion, we have to define terms
carefully anyway.  That's what I'm trying to do by defining "underlying
response message."

I believe that either approach is consistent with resolving CR4, so I
think this is just a matter of phrasing things clearly as opposed to
re-visiting a closed issue.