Re: CR20 proposal (consistent wording)

Jonathan Marsh wrote:

> Dave,
>

> Perhaps it's just me, but the sense of what we're trying to say gets
> lost by the time you're crafted it into a proposal.
>

> 3.5.1 looks accurate, but starts the reader on a treasure hunt instead
> of directly giving them the answer to this question.  3.5.2 seems to
> apply restrictions to SOAP request-response beyond the desired
> definition of the HTTP binding.
>

> I prefer Paco's formulation - directly state that for HTTP, anonymous
> means no more and no less than the HTTP response.  I'd put his
> proposed text directly into the (currently empty) 3.5.  And declare
> victory.

In that case, strike "and no less", which is just a new complication.
That leaves the semantics unchanged, and we can declare victory without
firing a shot.  I would much rather declare victory this way.

Special-casing HTTP for SOAP 1.2 is only victory if you abandon the idea
that features and properties can apply across protocols.