Re: Multiple Addresses in an EPR

Mark Little wrote on 10/16/2005, 10:50 AM:

 > But how would you specify the other information such as
 > RefParams/MetaData that may need to be defined for each optional URI?

I started this discussion sayint that I had two eqivalent EPRs
that differed only in the address field so the Refp's and Metadata
were exactly the same.   I grant you that there will be some cases
where this is not true, and thus one couldn't use multiple addresses
in a single EPR for such cases.

However, there are some number of cases where all of the other data
is exactly the same.  We have such cases with our geographically
dispersed clusters (the same logical servers are located in different
physical locations, but they are all the *same* entity as far as
the client is concerned and would receive the *exact* same set
of reference parameters and metadata from a client issuing a
request to any of them).

I am sure that there are other equally good examples of such cases
just as I am sure there are equally good examples of cases where
the metadata and refps are different.

I am NOT advocating that all situations use multiple physical
addresses in a single EPR.  I am advocating that WS-A allow for
the cases where this makes sense.

Conor