RE: Multiple Addresses in an EPR

David Orchard wrote on 10/16/2005, 1:09 PM:

 > WSA does allow for it.  Create a new QName like wsalt:address, define
 > the semantics, and put it in EPR instances.  WSA just didn't want to get
 > into the business of defining the semantics of duping the wsa:address
 > for EPRs everywhere.

That is no different than carrying the other addresses in Metadat,
thus carrying equivalent data in two different locations.   That
doesn't make alot of sense to me and I think it will result in
the same information being carried in different locations by
different profiles as each profile makes up their own alternative
location for the equivalent data.

I don't understand what you mean by "duping the wsa:address for
EPRs everywhere."   We aren't talking about duping anything. We
are talking about carrying multiple physical endpoints in a
single EPR describing a single logical endpoint.

I think that it is very appropriate for an addressing specification
to deal with the fact that a logical endpoint *may* have multiple
physical endpoints.

Conor