Katy

Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley@Sun.COM>
Sent by: Marc.Hadley@Sun.COM
14/11/2005 21:53

Katy Warr/UK/IBM@IBMGB
cc
public-ws-addressing@w3.org
Subject
Re: Reference Parameters in WSDL

We agreed to remove that last sentence at the F2F, its already gone
in the latest editors draft[1] (its not yet in the HTML version but
will be next time it gets generated).

Marc.

[1] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2004/ws/addressing/ws-addr-
wsdl.xml?content-type=text/xml;%20charset=utf-8#refpinwsdl

On Nov 14, 2005, at 11:53 AM, Katy Warr wrote:

> In the editor's draft of the WSDL spec:
>
> >> 4.3 Reference Parameters
> >>
> >> The wsa:ReferenceParameters element (see Web Services Addressing
> 1.0 - Core[WS-Addressing-Core]) MAY be used as an extension child
> element of
> >> the wsdl20:endpoint or wsdl11:port elements. When present, the
> value of the [reference parameters] message addressing property for
> a message sent to an
> >> endpoint MUST match the contents of the wsa:ReferenceParameters
> extension element. If omitted, the value of the [reference
> parameters] message
> >> addressing property is empty.
>
> The final sentence "If omitted, the value of the [reference
> parameters] message addressing property is empty."
> appears to be restricting the addition of reference parameters
> unless they are explicitly defined by the WSDL.  I thought that the
> intention was to enable a mechanism to define reference parameters
> that the service requires, but not to restrict the sending of other
> reference parameters that are not defined by the WSDL. Have I mis-
> interpreted?
>
> Many thanks
> Katy

---
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley at sun.com>
Business Alliances, CTO Office, Sun Microsystems.