RE: A suggestion for async resolution.... :o)

+1.

We should look at this more from the perspective of

-- Do we need the granularity of WS-Addressing. (meaning proposed
async=full, never, async-only) switches at the binding level.
(Proposals 2, 3)
-- Do we need to define the response binding and if so in which way?
(Proposals 2, 3)
-- Do we need to define the SOAP1.x/HTTP message level protocol (all
proposals deal with this, albeit in a similar way as Proposal 2
encompasses 1)
-- Do we need programming level hints to indicate async support

Everyone, please note that some of these decisions are independent. If
we do not need granularity at the binding, then Proposal 4 is
sufficient.

If we need to specify response bindings and architect them, Proposal 4
can be combined/composed with approaches in Proposal 2 or Proposal 3.

If we need programming level contracts/hints in WSDL to require
asynchronous programming model, we need to look at a different markup or
reusing the same markup (Proposal 1 Open Issues, Proposal 3, Anish's
email).

So, instead of knocking down one proposal against the other, perhaps the
group can benefit from "chad" or any other decision making point to
really vote on granularity, response-binding and programming model
issues. Some bits and pieces from proposals can be easily combined if we
were to go that route.

Thanks.

--umit

Ps. As I write this, I am realizing it was a poor choice of use to
indicate the granularity by calling the flag "Async" at the binding
level. Even the very first Oracle/SAP/IBM proposal named it properly to
indicate what it really stood for, enabling multiple http connections.