Re: cr9: wsa:Action for undefined faults

On Oct 25, 2005, at 6:40 PM, Jonathan Marsh wrote:

> I had an action to provide spec text for the preferred option (3):
>
> I propose we add to Section 5 of the SOAP Binding, right after the
> text:
>
>   The [action] property below designates WS-Addressing fault messages:
>
>     http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/addressing/fault
>
> This paragraph:
>
>   The [action] property value below MAY be used to designate SOAP
> fault
>   messages (e.g. mustUnderstand faults):
>
>     http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/addressing/soap/fault

A hopefully friendly amendment:

SOAP modules and extensions MAY define custom [action] values for the
faults they describe or MAY designate use of the following [action]
value instead:

   http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/addressing/soap/fault

The above [action] value SHOULD be used for generic SOAP faults
including version mismatch, must understand, and data encoding unknown.

Marc.

> That's it!

---
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley at sun.com>
Business Alliances, CTO Office, Sun Microsystems.