	From: public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org on behalf of David Hull
	Sent: Tue 28-Jun-05 6:20
	To: Abbie Barbir
	Cc: Christopher B Ferris; Prasad Yendluri; Francisco Curbera; public-ws-addressing@w3.org; public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org
	Subject: Re: Issue LC90

	+1 as well :-)

	I think we all agree now that, despite my mis-statement, the RM* ID will also not change with a retransmission.

	This doesn't change anything with respect to LC90.  The point is still that the [message id] doesn't change with a retransmission (assuming it's there at all), and therefore SHOULD NOT be used in detecting replays.

	Re-reading the current text for the nth time, I think what it's trying to say is that the message should include a timestamp or other datum that does change with a retransmission, but that's not what it says.

	Again, I'm perfectly fine with taking the current text out entirely and leaving such discussion to the security-related specifications.  If it does stay, though, it needs to be clearer.  It should either say more clearly that a message should include a timestamp or whatever truly unique (and securely signed) datum, or (my preference) just say clearly that [message id] is not that datum and leave the rest to the security specs.

	Abbie Barbir wrote:

		+1
		abbie