Re: Issue LC90

+1 as well :-)

I think we all agree now that, despite my mis-statement, the RM* ID will
also not change with a retransmission.

This doesn't change anything with respect to LC90.  The point is still
that the [message id] doesn't change with a retransmission (assuming
it's there at all), and therefore SHOULD NOT be used in detecting replays.

Re-reading the current text for the nth time, I think what it's trying
to say is that the /message/ should include a timestamp or other datum
that /does/ change with a retransmission, but that's not what it says.

Again, I'm perfectly fine with taking the current text out entirely and
leaving such discussion to the security-related specifications.  If it
does stay, though, it needs to be clearer.  It should either say more
clearly that a /message /should include a timestamp or whatever truly
unique (and securely signed) datum, or (my preference) just say clearly
that [message id] is not that datum and leave the rest to the security
specs.