	From: public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org on behalf of Mark Nottingham
	Sent: Tue 14-Jun-05 7:56
	To: public-ws-addressing@w3.org
	Subject: Proposal for lc75/lc88

	The value of [message id] uniquely identifies the message. When
	present, it is the responsibility of the sender to insure that each
	message is uniquely identified. A receiver MAY treat all messages that
	contain the same [message id] as the same message. No specific
	algorithm for the generation of unique values of [message id] is given,
	however methods such as the use of an IRI that exists within a domain
	owned by the sender combined with a sequence satisfies the uniqueness
	criteria but may not be the best practice from a security perspective.

	Office of the CTO   BEA Systems