RE: i028: Implications of the presence of ReplyTo

I don't think they are. If you expect a reply ( e.g. you're sending the
initial message a WSDL 1.1 request-response ) then the message you send
MUST have a [reply endpoint] property. I think the second clause about
[source endpoint] is just informational, it doesn't have any bearing on
the previous text. May be it should be under [source endpoint]?

> If we accept (i) then a typical use of a request response MEP
> using the
> SOAP/HTTP binding would require the presence of the following header
> block:
>
> <wsa:ReplyTo>
>
> <wsa:Address>http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing/role/
> anonymous</wsa:Address>
> </wsa:ReplyTo>
>
> This is a lot of bytes that provide no real information. My
> preference
> would be that omission of a ReplyTo is semantically
> equivalent to its
> presence as shown above but that would mean that its presence
> cannot be
> used to determine whether a reply is expected or not.

I think providing a 'default' value in the case is a mistake. I saw one
of the benefits of WS-Addressing was that the headers that appeared in a
message DID NOT vary depending on how the message was actually
transmitted.

Gudge