Re: NEW Issue - Reference to WSDL definition in an EPR [i033]

OK. This is now i033;
    http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/wd-issues/#i033

> The focus of Issue 27 is whether the existing PortType and ServiceName
> elements of an EPR are meaningful.  It also suggests that if the
> consumer has the WSDL, the PortType and ServiceName elements are not
> needed.  The focus of the issue revolves around the PortType and
> ServiceName elements.  These are good comments and they make a worthy
> issue, but it is not the issue I have defined.  A possible resolution
> to issue 27 would be to remove the portType and serviceName elements
> as being meaningless (and I do NOT advocate such a resolution!)

I didn't read that into 27 (the references to portType and
serviceName's utility seemed to me to be more rhetorical motivation for
defining such a property), but I can see that it could be read
otherwise, and that the resolution could take a different path.

Anish, please note that a possible resolution to i027 is also the
proposed resolution to i033; this might save you some work.

> Additionally, I would like to own the issue I have been diligently
> pursuing.  I believe both issues are valuable and should be addressed
> independently.

Since you've expressed interest, I've already assigned it to you.

Regards and thanks for your patience,

>>> Tel: (781) 902-8265