From: Anish Karmarkar [mailto:Anish.Karmarkar@oracle.com]
Sent: Monday, December 20, 2004 2:06 PM
To: Srinivas, Davanum M
Cc: public-ws-addressing@w3.org
Subject: Re: i008 - Marking RefProps/RefParams using attributes [Take
#2]

Dims,

How does this proposal deal with the problem that for certain SOAP
header block definitions having multiple instances of the same header
may be undefined/illegal/counterproductive?

Specifically, a consumer's local policy may require it to include a
certain header block of type A (with some well defined semantics).
Another instance of A may also be included as a refp. The opacity of the
refps prevent the consumer from making any decision regarding header
block A. Furthermore, it is possible that different part of the
system/stack may deal with the policy to include header block of type A
and WS-Addressing. For example, a JAX-RPC handler chain.

Thx.

-Anish
--

<wsa:From>http://www.example.com/clients/someClient</wsa:From>
>          <tns:resourceID
wsa:type="property">DataChunk42</tns:resourceID>
>          <tns:expires wsa:type="parameter">32000</tns:expires>
>      </SOAP-ENV:Header>
>      <SOAP-ENV:Body>
>      </SOAP-ENV:Body>
> </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>