From: public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-ws-addressing-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Mark Baker
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2004 11:42 AM
To: David Orchard
Cc: public-ws-addressing@w3.org
Subject: Re: i0001: EPRs as identifiers - alternative proposal

On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 08:01:30AM -0800, David Orchard wrote:
> +1.  URIs have infinite scale, see cantor's theorem.

+1

> The reason for having RefPs has nothing to do with URI extensibility.
> It has everything to do with configurability particularly having soap
> specific software handle the RefP rather than URI software.

That seems to implicitly assume that SOAP specific software isn't URI
software.  Perhaps that's the heart of the disagreement? So, I'll bite;
why can't SOAP software also be URI software?  Because one could
reasonably interpret webarch as saying that it *should be*, at least if
you want to benefit from the network effects of a global naming system,
yada yada yada ...

But if your answer would head back down that same rathole, then
nevermind; I'll have to wait for the motivating example, I guess.

Mark.