RE: i0001: EPRs as identifiers - alternative proposal

+1.  URIs have infinite scale, see cantor's theorem.

The reason banks don't give out phone #s per person is because phone #s
are not extensible as the phone system understands a finite length.
There's a fascinating discussion we could have about the benefits that
the phone system accrues by having mandatory fixed length (shades of
mandatory action).

The reason for having RefPs has nothing to do with URI extensibility. It
has everything to do with configurability particularly having soap
specific software handle the RefP rather than URI software.

I have no problem talking about architecture, but we have to at least be
able to distinguish between scalability and extensibility.

Dave