W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-wot-wg@w3.org > September 2020

[TD-TF][DRAFT] minutes - 23 September 2020

From: Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 21:00:58 +0900
Message-ID: <87imbwhjwl.wl-ashimura@w3.org>
To: public-wot-wg@w3.org
available at:
  https://www.w3.org/2020/09/23-wot-td-minutes.html

also as text below.

Thanks a lot for taking the minutes, Ege!

Kazuyuki

---
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                             WoT-WG - TD-TF

23 Sep 2020

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/WG_WoT_Thing_Description_WebConf#September_23.2C_2020

Attendees

   Present
          Kaz_Ashimura, Daniel_Peintner, Michael_McCool,
          Sebastian_Kaebisch, Cristiano_Aguzzi, Ege_Korkan,
          Tomoaki_Mizushima

   Regrets

   Chair
          Sebastian

   Scribe
          Ege, kaz

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Agenda
         2. [5]Minutes review
         3. [6]TD meeting next week?
         4. [7]TPAC
         5. [8]New working draft
         6. [9]PR 960
         7. [10]PR 945
         8. [11]PR 944
         9. [12]PR 943
        10. [13]PR 938
        11. [14]PR 937
        12. [15]PR 896
        13. [16]PR 869
     * [17]Summary of Action Items
     * [18]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <kaz> scribenick: Ege

Agenda

   (no specific addition)

Minutes review

   <inserted> [19]Sep-16

     [19] https://www.w3.org/2020/09/16-wot-td-minutes.html

   McCool: we should plan a meeting with the Spatial Data on the
   Web IG

   Sebastian: (creating issue on w3c/wot)

   <inserted> [20]Issue 939 for joint meeting with Spatial Data on
   the Web IG

     [20] https://github.com/w3c/wot/issues/939

   <sebastian> new issue
   [21]https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/965

     [21] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/965

   Sebastian: any objections to publish?

   <kaz> (none and approved)

TD meeting next week?

   Sebastian: next week's meeting will focus on working on PRs

TPAC

   <sebastian> please use this doodle poll to find a common slot
   with the JSON-LD group:
   [22]https://doodle.com/poll/mqx2wde3a6wth7ib

     [22] https://doodle.com/poll/mqx2wde3a6wth7ib

   Sebastian: we should have a meeting with the Spatial Data IG, I
   am talking with them
   ... I will invite them to a TD meeting
   ... How much time do we need for TPAC?
   ... 2 hours is always too short according to feedback
   ... 3 hours is better, what do you think?

   Daniel: I agree, 2 hours was too short

   Sebastian: Let's do the agenda of F2F

   Ege: I want to decide on what to do for the templating (=Thing
   Model)

   Sebastian: That will be in the Thing model discussion. I will
   show the PRs
   ... Maybe this will need to be a separate document

   McCool: I just saw JSON LD is going to republish the JSON-LD
   1.0 spec as a superseded REC

   Sebastian: interesting (opening new issue in td repo)
   ... Taki can do the diff of 1.0 vs 1.1
   ... Daniel for the hypermedia
   ... I will do the Thing Model
   ... What about the needed times

   Cristiano: I can do/help with the component discussion

   Ege: SD should be before components since it is related

   Sebastian: (finished the agenda, available online)

   <inserted> [23]TD topics under the "Proposed Topics" section of
   the vF2F wiki

     [23] https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting,_October_2020#Proposed_Topics

New working draft

   Sebastian: geolocation is new for example

   <kaz> [24]7.1.3 Example III: Geolocation Annotations

     [24] https://w3c.github.io/wot-thing-description/#semantic-annotations-example-geoloc

   <McCool> note we are also discussing units and geolocation in
   profiles but there are differences and we should make sure
   what's in profiles and the examples here are aligned

   <McCool> ... for example are talking about SenML and QUDT in
   profiles but OM is used for units in this example (I think)

   Sebastian: you can also declare JSON-LD contexts

   <McCool> ... likewise there are multiple possible concrete
   ontologies for geolocation, alignment with DAS, etc that need
   to be discussed

   <McCool> ... but the examples are a great starting point for
   that discussion

PR 960

   Sebastian: now let's see PR960

   Daniel: We have decided to delay it for now

   <kaz> [25]PR 960

     [25] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/960

   <kaz> [26]related issue 968

     [26] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/issues/968

   Cristiano: I think we should first solve the finding the unsub
   form issue

   Ege: me too

   <kaz> [27]updated comment for PR 960

     [27] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/960#issuecomment-697513482

PR 945

   <kaz> [28]PR 945

     [28] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/945

   scribenick: kaz

   Kaz: if it's difficult to resolve all the questions here, we
   can add an Editor's Note to describe that

   McCool: also we need implementations

   Kaz: let's see the update next week again

PR 944

   <kaz> [29]PR 944

     [29] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/944

   <kaz> [30]updated comments

     [30] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/944#issuecomment-697530986

   scribenick: kaz

   Kaz: several conflicts maybe due to the rendering script
   update?

   McCool: not mechanical fixes, but need to look into them

   scribenick: ege

   McCool: you need to use CLI to fix it

   Sebastian: now the Thing Model PR

PR 943

   <kaz> [31]PR 943

     [31] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/943

   <kaz> [32]updated comments

     [32] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/943#issuecomment-697533970

PR 938

   <inserted> [33]PR 938

     [33] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/938

   Sebastian: the PR moves the Thing Templates from Appendix,
   renames it to Model

   McCool: the section id should be also changed
   ... special kind should be named subclass or related
   ... a new content type should be also discussed

   <McCool> I would say something like "A Thing Model describes a
   set of Thing Descriptions"

   McCool: we should differentiate digital twins as well

   <McCool> basically two use cases: digital twin (just
   abstraction, no security or protocol info) and developer-time
   info (need protocol templates and security templates, but
   omitting some concrete details, eg using URL templates instead
   of concrete URLs)

   (Ege leaves and Kaz takes over the scribe role.)

   <scribe> scribenick: kaz

   Sebastian: would be happy with saying "MAY" here

   McCool: agree saying "MAY" would be appropriate
   ... for the use case of digital twin, you MAY omit it
   ... and for the developer use case, you SHOULD have it

   Sebastian: (adds a comment on that point)

   [34]updated comment

     [34] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/938#discussion_r493696089

   [35]and summary comment

     [35] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/938#issuecomment-697568255

PR 937

   [36]PR 937

     [36] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/937

   Sebastian: will ping Victor
   ... (adds a comment about that)

   [37]updated comment

     [37] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/937#issuecomment-697572308

PR 896

   [38]PR 896

     [38] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/896

   Sebastian: should be able to merge this
   ... changes on the ontology

   Kaz: OK with merging this PR
   ... just to make sure, we should confirm that there is no
   impact due to this change for the PlugFest
   ... this schema change will be applied to the Playground as
   well. right?

   McCool: need to check with Ege

   Sebastian: we can merge this PR itself
   ... and I can create another issue on Playground to be updated

   Kaz: ok

   McCool: two issues to be added, one for Playground and another
   for Assertion checker

   Kaz: right

   Sebastian: (adds those points as a comment and merge the PR)

   [39]Sebastian's comment

     [39] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/896#issuecomment-697579929

PR 869

   [40]PR 869

     [40] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/869

   Daniel: need some more time

   Sebastian: next week then
   ... (adds a comment on that)

   [41]updated comment

     [41] https://github.com/w3c/wot-thing-description/pull/869#issuecomment-697583657

   Sebastian: that was the last PR for today
   ... let's make decision on the remaining PRs next week
   ... regarding PlugFest, everybody should use the new terms
   ... for example about geolocation

   McCool: new OAuth flow as well

   [42]updated draft

     [42] https://w3c.github.io/wot-thing-description/

   Sebastian: maybe I can show you the coffee machine example

   [43]Smart coffee machine and OAuth 2.0

     [43] http://www.thingweb.io/smart-coffee-machine.html#smart-coffee-machine-and-oauth-2-0

   [adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [44]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([45]CVS log)
    $Date: 2020/09/29 11:59:31 $

     [44] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [45] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 29 September 2020 12:01:07 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Tuesday, 29 September 2020 12:01:08 UTC